This virtual event, held under the High Patronage of the President of the Italian Republic, will feature discussions on the US-Italian partnership and opportunities for future cooperation in the political, economic, and scientific field. The event will be followed by an exclusive virtual performance by the National Symphony Orchestra at The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, featuring world-renowned Italian conductor, Maestro Gianandrea Noseda.
As the Biden and Draghi Administrations take office, this timely anniversary is a pivotal moment in the US-Italian partnership and broader transatlantic alliance. The United States and Italy can leverage their strong historic ties to foster international cooperation on global challenges such as COVID-19 relief and economic recovery, among other issues.
To participate in the conversation, use the hashtag #ItalyUS160.
15:00 hrs –15:10 hrs CEST
- H.E. Armando Varricchio, Ambassador of the Italian Republic to the United States
- Mr. Frederick Kempe, President and Chief Executive Officer, Atlantic Council
- Amb. Giampiero Massolo, President, Fincantieri SpA; President, Italian Institute for International Political Studies
The Political and Diplomatic Dimension of the US-Italian Partnership
15:10 hrs – 15:30 hrs CEST
- H.E. Luigi Di Maio, Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation of the Italian Republic
15:30 hrs – 15:40 hrs CEST
- The Hon. Nancy Pelosi, Speaker, US House of Representatives
Celebrating 160 Years and Charting the Next Century Together: A Discussion Featuring Former Prime Minister Giuliano Amato and Secretary Madeleine Albright
15:40 hrs – 16:05 hrs CEST
- Former Prime Minister Giuliano Amato, Vice-President, Constitutional Court of Italy; Honorary President, Centro Studi Americani
- Secretary Madeleine Albright, Chair, Albright Stonebridge Group; Former US Secretary of State; Atlantic Council International Advisory Board Member
Moderator: Ms. Anita McBride, Executive-in-Residence, Center for Congressional and Presidential Studies, School of Public Affairs, American University
A Partnership for the Next Century: Leveraging US-Italian Strengths for a More Sustainable and Prosperous Global Future
16:05 hrs – 17:00 hrs CEST
- Amb. Karan Bhatia, Vice President, Government Affairs and Public Policy Google
- Dr. Charles Clancy, Senior Vice President, General Manager, MITRE Labs; Chief Futurist, MITRE Corporation
- Ms. Emma Marcegaglia, Chair, Business 20
- Dr. Francesca Rossi, AI Ethics Global Leader, IBM
Moderator: Ms. Giovanna Pancheri, Journalist, Sky Tg24
With special remaks from: Ms. Adrienne Arsht, Executive Vice Chair, Atlantic Council
17:05 hrs - 18:05 hrs CEST
The event is followed by an exclusive virtual performance by the National Symphony Orchestra at The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, featuring world-renowned Italian conductor, Maestro Gianandrea Noseda.