The G20 should control climate change by mobilizing nature-based solutions to:
- Foster forests ecosystems by supporting the Restor platform to help re-grow one trillion trees by 2025;
- Preserve peatlands and wetlands as natural protected areas;
- Clean cities by cutting air and lead pollution by 25% by 2025 and reducing heat sinks;
- Green coasts, including on small island developing states, through “SDR for NBS” swaps.
- Raise renewables’ share of energy to 25% by 2030, and by doubling nature-intensive geothermal, tidal and wave power’s share by 2025 to cut coal;
- Lower Land-Use Stress, by shifting from animal to plant-based agriculture, and minimizing methane emissions.